Thursday 12 August 2010

Road to the Final


After winning the group stage, it was obviously on to the knockout stages. My Second round fixture was against Cameroon, I was fairly confident about this game but big headedness comes at a price.


Despite winning, it was only on a penalty. This obviously wasnt good for my chances of winning, and then being drawn against Italy in my Quarter Final, obviously wasnt a good sign. 
So with a tiny bit of tweaking to my starting 11, I was ready.

At first we played a very tight defensive game, and kept it at a goaless draw at halftime. Then in the 51st minute, Young scored a craking goal from the edge of the area. I then changed my stratagy to Attacking, and with Rossi being sent off, it was inevitable for me to score again, in which we did in the 75th minute when delfouneso scored from close range.... I then foolishly changed my stratagy to overload, and they caught me on the counter attack, and scored on the 79th min
 But we won so its all good.


So after a good result we were through to the semis... we were up against croatia, despite us beating one of the favourites, they had beaten brazil. So I was pretty anxious about it.

We were down within 15 mins when Croatia scored. My England team didnt even look like they were gonna have a chance of scoring. The score at half time was 1 - 0 Croatia.
However, during the second half England were a completly different team, with young scoring at 57 and rooney on 88, overall a fairly standard match but we were through to the final!

Final is against Portugal. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment